Advisors and Early Adopters
The CFTP certification program advisors and early adopters represent a wide range of professional interests and backgrounds, but all contribute a great deal to the secure file transfer and managed file transfer industries.
Jonathan Lampe, CFTP, CISSP
– Lampe has led the development of award-winning file transfer software and services for Standard Networks (MOVEit), Ipswitch (WS_FTP), RhinoSoft (Serv-U) and SolarWinds (Kiwi). In 2011 Lampe and Andy White founded File Transfer Consulting
, a vendor-independent firm that has provided consulting services with or for Ipswitch, Globalscape, Solarwinds/RhinoSoft, Automic/UC4, Coviant, Informatica, Cleo and Primeur in addition to its customers in the USA. When not training, coding or writing, Lampe likes to spend time with his family in the beautiful Wisconsin outdoors, and is a Green Bay Packers
European Program Lead
James Lewis, CFTP
– Since 2003 Lewis’s renowed Pro2col
consultancy has guided more than 700 leading companies in the United Kingdom, Europe and beyond through their data transfer challenges while maximising their investment in secure managed file transfer software. As an independent consultancy Pro2col has long provided best-of-breed solutions to real world problems, including a full array of training, integration and migration services. When not solving the world’s transmission problems Lewis enjoys teaching his kids about life “offline” through gardening and hiking, and cheers on the (often maddening) Everton Football Club
Van Glass, CFTP
– Glass has spent close to 20 years in the IT industry. He has served in both development and executive roles with a focus on Internet, network security, managed file transfer and secure file transfer technologies. He currently serves as the CEO of JSCAPE
, a manufacturer of managed file transfer and networking software.
Pam Reid, CFTP
– Reid is founder and CEO of Coviant Software
, a Managed File Transfer vendor. Coviant aims to improve the productivity of file transfer administrators, so they can quickly design, deploy and manage automated file transfer jobs. Earlier in her career, she held several senior management positions during her 12-year tenure at Digital Equipment Corporation. Reid has also provided strategic and operational consulting to a variety of high tech companies. She has an undergraduate degree from UNC-Chapel Hill and an MS in Management from MIT.
Ben Spink, CFTP
– Spink has been developing network and FTP server software for more than 15 years, including 3 years with DataExpress. He is president and founder of CrushFTP
, a manufacturer of secure file transfer software.
Andy White, CFTP
– White is a software architect who helped build MOVEit for Standard Networks and Ipswitch, and founded File Transfer Consulting
with Jonathan Lampe. His code and designs help power Epic System’s core systems, the worldwide ICAAN domain name backup system, and other critical systems that require high-availability and high-throughput from file transfer and transformation. White has also developed a computer science curriculum for Madison College and is the author of a popular “MUMPS to Java” open source project
. When not building the world’s next generation technology, White enjoys the arts in the eclectic Madison community.
Kevan Bard, CFTP
– Bard is an file transfer operations manager whose career spans Fidelity Information Services, Standard Networks and Ipswitch. In his early years at Standard Networks and Ipswitch
Bard led traditional file transfer support and training operations. In recent years Bard has led operations for MOVEit Cloud (an online file transfer service) and guided it through a rigorous PCI certification process. When not in the office, Bard enjoys gardening and runs a small farm that provides organic produce to local markets.
John Kiernan, CFTP
– Kiernan is a financial data center manager whose FDIC-, PCI-, FFIEC- and OTS-regulated data center was “the cradle of MOVEit” (managed file transfer automation). Kiernan’s experience stretches back to 1982 and includes careers on the Eastern Seaboard at Unisys, EDS, Aurum Technology and FIS Global
. In those roles he often led teams of file transfer professionals, pioneering efficiency, SLA and other file transfer metrics long before they became industry norms, and his fidelity to operational excellence allowed his business unit to achieve one of FIS Global’s first three PCI accreditations. Outside the datacenter, Kiernan enjoys spending time with his children and rescued sheepdogs.
Clifton Gonsalves, CFTP
– Gonsalves is Vice President of Engineering and Solution Architecture at bTrade
. His 15 years of experience in the software industry includes web, e-commerce and cryptography applications, and extends across Internet technologies, e-commerce, enterprise software, systems integration, software design, EDI and managed file transfer. He also enjoys managing multicultural teams, especially geographically dispersed teams.
Michael Ryan, CFTP
– Ryan is CEO and co-founder of South River Technologies
. He previously served as a software architect and was involved in XDrive before joining with co-founder John Glavin in 2001 to launch South River Technologies.
Doug Papenthien, CFTP
– Papenthien is the software architect responsible for Serv-U FTP Server and MFT Server at Solarwinds
(previously Rhinosoft), and has written a number of other DNS, email and other networking software packages over his 15-year career. (I should also mention that he essentially wrote the current edition of FTP Voyager – a free FTP client – by himself.)
Biographies for many of our Certified File Transfer Professional “early adopters” are listed below. We owe them all a big round of applause for helping us to work the kinks out of the CFTP exam, study guide and provisioning process! Get your own CFTP today!
Arpad-Jozsef Halmagyi, CFTP
– Arpad attended Facultatea de Stiinte Economice si Gestiunea Afacerilor, Universitatea Babes Bolyai (FSEGA) and majored in Informatics Economics. He currently lives in Covasna/Kovászna (Romania). – Google+
Robert (Bob) Orem, CFTP
– Bob works for Aetna Managed Secure File Transfer Services and Application Delivery and also holds a CISSP certificate from (ISC)2 and a CRISC certificate from ISACA.
Anthony (Tony) Lloyd, CFTP
– Tony is a VP and MFT/B2B expert with BNY Mellon in Florida (US). His previous experience includes work with ADL Consulting/Invent Design Group, MoneyGram International and DCM Services, and he is familiar with
Axway, GXS BizLink/BizManager, Connect Direct (NDM), GlobalSCAPE and other secure file transfer technology. – LinkedIn
Brian Plunkett, CFTP
– Brian is an Operations Officer for BancorpSouth and is familiar with MOVEit, Connect:Direct NDM, BMC Control-M, Systemware Content Server and other related technologies. – LinkedIn
James “Ian” Percival, CFTP
– Ian is a Vice President at BNYMellon and Manager/Architect of file transfer applications for Broker Dealer Services, which supports transfers for the Bank’s premium clients. Ian has specialized in file transfer technologies since he was Cluster I/O Development Manager for VMS Engineering at Digital. He remains an expert on transfer performance, holds several patents on distributed file caching technologies, and is author of several cluster aware file transfer caches. – LinkedIn
Mehul Jani, CFTP
– Mehul is a Senior Technical Lead specializing in Managed File Transfer Engineering at CMC-Americas/Tata Consulting in New York. His experience with MFT solutions extends back to 2005 and includes a variety of technologies such as TIBCO EMS, IBM MQ, DB Exchange and a home-grown “FTP Gateway.” – LinkedIn
Patrick O’Brien, CFTP
– Patrick is a Solutions Consultant at managed file transfer vendor Cleo, and also holds CISSP, CCSK and CAPM certifications. He is also familiar with the MOVEit and WS_FTP technologies after serving in Ipswitch’s QA and sales engineering departments for six years. – LinkedIn
Matthew Northcott, CFTP
– Matthew works on the transmissions team at Bank of New York Mellon (“BNY Mellon”) and is familiar with Sterling Commerce and other managed file transfer technologies. – LinkedIn
Richard Auger, CFTP
– Currently based in Australia, Richard has been working with middleware and security for Altria and Philip Morris International since the late 1990s and is the architect behind a large MOVEit managed file transfer deployment serving teams split across the world. – LinkedIn
– UPDATE: Richard is now a CFTP trainer with Pro2col!
Neil Culver, CFTP
– Neil is the lead authority on managed file transfer, EDI, EAI, ETL, MoM and related technologies and methodologies for The Body Shop in the UK. He currently serves as both the Back-Office Systems Development Manager and Technical Integration Manager for the ethical beauty brand (a holding of L’Oreal). – LinkedIn
Sandy Cooley, CFTP
– Sandy is a senior middleware technologist with extensive managed file transfer experience at American Family Insurance in Madison, Wisconsin.
Dhinakaran Mohan, CFTP
– Dhinakaran is a project leader for Inautix (a BNYMellon Company) and works with file transmissions.- LinkedIn
Balaji Kannan, CFTP
– Balaji has worked for Tata Consultancy Service in India and has provided file transmission support service to a Trust Bank. He is currently working for Inautix (a BNYMellon Company) in file transmission support.
Naveen Dhamodharan, CFTP
– Naveen is a Technical Leader at BNY Mellon, with previous experience at Bank of America – Merrill Lynch, Tech Mahinda (a.k.a. Mahinda Satyam) and Sutherland Global Services. His managed file transfer experience spans Sterling Integrator, Connect: Direct Secure+, GXS BizManager, mainframe (JCL powered) FTP and NDM scripting, CA7, Control-M and several more common technologies. – LinkedIn
Atul Singh, CFTP
– Atul works as a Security and Privacy Consultant in IBM India, where he provides file transmission support (principally using Axway Secure Transport) to US Healthcare organizations. – LinkedIn
Subhra Sahu, CFTP
– Subhra in an expert in Axway Secure Transport MFT and EDI files. He has worked for IBM in India for about five years and previously worked for Wipro for another five years. – LinkedIn
Rakesh Panigrahi, CFTP
– Rakesh is an MFT expert with Barclays Capital in Singapore, with experience in Axway Secure Transport, Sterling File Gateway(SGF, SI, SSP, SCC) and Connect Direct(Tandem,UNIX, Mainframe, Windows) with Secure+. – LinkedIn